Thursday 18 April 2019

10 Reasons I Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ



1. First, the resurrection of Jesus Christ shows me the immense power of God Himself. In raising Jesus from the grave, God reminds us of His absolute sovereignty over life and death.


2. The resurrection is proof to me, that God is the Creator of the universe and has power over it. This makes me respect Him for who He is. He is worthy of my faith and worship.


3. The resurrection of Jesus Christ also validates who Jesus claimed to be, namely, the Son of God and Messiah, the only Savior of the world. His resurrection was the “sign from heaven” that authenticated His ministry (Matthew 16:1–4). 

10 Reasons I Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ



4. The resurrection of Jesus Christ further proves His sinless character and divine nature. The Scriptures said God’s “Holy One” would never see corruption (Psalm 16:10), and Jesus never saw corruption, even after He died (see Acts 13:32–37).


5. The resurrection of Jesus Christ also validates the Old Testament prophecies that foretold of Jesus’ suffering and resurrection (see Acts 17:2–3). The Bible is a truly inspired collection of holy writings.


6. The resurrection shows me that Christ’s words are true. He claimed that He would be raised on the third day and that exactly what happened (Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34). I can rely on His words.


7. Christ’s resurrection gives me hope that, even if I die, one day I’ll be resurrected too. In fact, apart from Christ’s resurrection, we have no Savior, no salvation, and no hope of eternal life. (1 Cor 15:14–19; 53–57).


8. The resurrections shows me that Christianity is the best and the only meaningful religion. Some religions teach that a person who dies comes back as a reptile. Some teach that death is the end but in Christianity people will be resurrected into eternal being.  Every other religion was founded by men or prophets whose end was the grave. As Christians, we know that God became man, died for our sins, and was resurrected the third day. The grave could not hold Him. He lives, and He sits today at the right hand of the Father in heaven (Hebrews 10:12).


9. The resurrection of Jesus makes me endure hardships now because I know this world won’t be my end. I’m following the example of thousands of Christian martyrs who have willingly traded their earthly lives for everlasting life and the promise of resurrection.


10. In a nutshell, the resurrection proves who Jesus is. It demonstrates that God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice on my behalf. It shows me that God has the power to raise me from the dead. It guarantees that the bodies of those who believe in Christ will not remain dead but will be resurrected unto eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *